"Oh give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, for His Steadfast Love endures forever." Psalm 136:1.
Verse for Winter Retreat 09' Steadfast Love
Well from what I learned there was this story, poem, can't tell it word for word but here's a summary, its about a picture where there are two sets of footprints, one is yours and the other is God's. During this time you are filled with joy and happiness, you don't have any struggles. Then all of a sudden, you go downhill, there are huge struggles going on, you are falling from God, you are blaming Him for these things, and in the sand you only see one set of footprints. So then you cry out to God, asking Him, why He has left you to suffer, and why He isn't with you. God then replies, "I have never left you, for I was here with you the whole entire time, since you have fallen I have picked you up and carried you and continued walking while carrying you."
So you see, those one set of footprints weren't yours but they were God's because He loves you SO much that He will pick you up and carry you until you can walk on your own two feet and continue this eternal walk of faith together.
There will be times when we go through struggles, and suffering, but that's what it means to be a Christian, although I believe Christianity is mostly a relationship with God and not a religion, but we have to know that God will never leave our sides, He will pick you when you're down, and keep carrying you till you are able to walk.
I admit that i went through a lot of down times and have forgotten how it was to truly worship, praise, and pray. Times when i wanted to give up a lot of things and just quit, but I knew i would make it through because of God, family and friends. That is the amazing love that God gives, the perfect love.
During this eternal walk of faith, I came a long way to get where I am, when i first came to know God was 8th grade, retreat 07 and it was there when I came to first know God's love and grace, how He gave me a second chance. From then when I became saved, I knew little, I still didn't understand things, but it was just the beginning. Then throughout the year I've been attending Bible studies, asking questions, learning more things, getting wiser, learning how to pray, and understanding this faith, this relationship even more. Then came Ignite 08' where I came to myself that retreat 07' was not the beginning of the first chapter, but nothing but a prologue. My next chapter finally opened at Winter Retreat 08' Heart Revolution, continuing God's love and sharing it and making sure it never stopped. That is where a lot of hidden abilities were unlocked for myself and many others. Then after that many things happened, two pastors leaving in the year of 2009, whom they both helped to change our lives, Pastor Che and Pastor Paul. A lot of people then went downhill from that and though there was no hope, and forgot what the purpose of the Heart Revolution, where we were to continue ourselves and take these things as tests. Then Winter Retreat 09' is where I think the next chapter hasn't opened yet, but a reminder of what everything I went through and how much I have fallen too. So now that I am reminded, I will have to make sure it won't happen again without me not noticing.
Let's keep walking this eternal faith, not alone, but with family, friends and importantly God, who is always there for us and picking us up when down.
Let's go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment