There was this one time when I was just completely out of it. I had something just bothering me really bad, but one part of that big problem is, I didn't even know what was bothering me. It's just this feeling that something was just not there, something that I couldn't feel. It troubled me a lot, left me with little sleep at night, somehow just making me tired and just falling asleep in the middle of my prayers at night. I tried thinking what it was that kept bothering me and I thought I would never figure it out. Then one night at FNL, it was a time where Pastor Aimee told us to think back in our lives where there was the happiest moment, that certain "AHA" moment. So I thought and the thing that brought me to my senses and helped me figure out what was troubling me and it was somehow me very slowly not feeling God's presence anymore. So that happiness in my life was when I first met Christ at Winter Retreat 07. It happened on the last night, I was praying for the first time wondering how could God ever forgive and love someone like me and for all the things I've done (and I've done a lot of really bad things where if kept up to this day, I could be failing and repeating the same grade over and over again). Then Second Chance by Hillsong United was playing, that song helped me open my eyes truly to see what s actually happening, my mind opening to think clearly on the things I've done, my ears opening to finally hear and truly understand the praise songs and what they mean, and finally my heart opening, to accept Christ into my life. The part of the song that went: "You called my name, reached out your hand, restored my life, and I was redeemed, the moment You entered my life. Amazing grace, Christ gave that day, my life was changed, when from my shoulders, fell the weight of my sin." At that part I actually felt something being lifted up from my shoulders, feeling lighter than ever, feeling my sins, burdens, pains, and etc. just being lifted away and gone. Though I still didn't think I could be forgiven and how could I ever get a second chance. Well then this part came up: "So it's with everything I am, I reach out for your hand, the hope for change, the second chance I've gained, on you I throw my life, casting all my fears aside, how could greater love than this, ever possibly exist?" At that part I knew I will be given a second chance and that I already have been given many. That's also when I began to understand God's love for me and everyone. So what I am saying is the thing that helped me get rid of that troubled unknown feeling, was thinking back on the past, remembering how amazing God's love is, and how it is such a joy, such a glorious day to worship, and knowing his amazing grace and love.
BML
=]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



are you better now??
ReplyDeletei feel that the majority of our church has been having this kind of feeling lately.
yeah me too
ReplyDeletebut we just need to be strong and lead others to step up our game